April 14, 2011

I ♥ NY

view from the Top of the Rock, NYC


pastrami sandwich from Kat's Deli


Hey guys! I apologize for the quietness on my side – life’s been a bit crazy with the hubbie completely immersed in engineering exam mode. And as the title of this post implies, I was away on a short vacay to New York City for a bit of yummy deli gluttony! Ah, NYC, what a inspiration! I hadn’t been since I was 8 years old, and back then all I wanted to do was eat a giant soft pretzel on a busy street. I guess this time around wasn’t much different – all I wanted to do was eat a giant pastrami sandwich! That’s me in the second photo having my dream come true at Kat’s Deli (you know, that’s where Harry’s Sally had her legendary fake orgasm – yah, I had what she had)! I felt a bit strange getting there at 8am on a Sunday morning and finding a completely empty restaurant, but I had to squeeze that sandwich in my itinerary before leaving on my plane just a few hours later! And that nasty tummy ache afterwards was well worth it…yum!

No comments: