October 9, 2009

HER MUSTARD SCARF


Okay, so I admit it. I just bought 15 balls of yarn yesterday. No, I have no idea what I'm actually going to do with all that yarn, not to mention the several other balls of yarn I have lying around from my last yarn-craze buying excursion! But oh do I ever love looking at the pretty, pretty mottled colors, each ball a little bundle of creative potential...
I stare at my mound of wound up strings several times a day, longing to turn each ball into an extra special toasty warm goodie for someone I love. I imagine thick cozy shrugs and giant wrap sweaters and chunky accordion cowls materializing before my eyes! But in all honesty, I don't have the patience to make all those lovely large things. In the end, they'll all probably just end up being a plain old boring scarf that no one will want to wear.

Most of my little crochet creations end up going to my little girl. She's only two years old, so she doesn't really have a choice. If mommy says, "Wear the ugly mustard scarf that mommy made for you!" then she has to wear it.

For now, that is. I know these days are numbered. She's currently in the "princess" stage and insists on wearing a big poofy pink dress every single day.

But today, I won the daily morning outfit argument, so it's jeans... and the ugly mustard scarf.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Looking ridiculously adorable, as usual :D